|Season 1 Episode 0: Prologue|
View on naver.com
View on webtoons.com
♢ ♢ ♢
| ← Previous|
| Next →|
This is the Prologue (teaser) for the Korean webtoon series Kubera: One Last God. All ten of the main characters, plus Rana Reimia, appear.
loss - force - opportunity - promises - enemies - revenge - justice - protection - love
A green-haired girl (a girl with a god's name) eats some curry-flavored snacks.
We see a mysterious magician with very pale blue hair.
This is a multi-genre fantasy.
Hello, I'm Currygom (Currybear). Nice to meet you.
Currygom's afterword for this episode (posted February 7, 2010):
- Sorry, some of you would've wanted the 1st episode... Only a prologue will have to do for now. But it's rather long for a prologue, so please forgive me... (crying sticker)
- link problems; amazement at so many comments
- (thumbnail - Asha): I drew this prologue right after I was contacted by Naver to start a Webtoon, so the drawing style is similar to what I used in the Best Challenge version. But from Ep.1 forward, it will change.
The ten main characters are (in order of appearance) Gandharva, Kubera, Maruna, Sagara, Brilith Ruin, Kubera Leez, Yuta, Ran Sairofe, Asha Rahiro, and Agni. Rana Reimia, the blue-haired woman, also makes an appearance. All ten make their first appearance in Season 1.
Gandharva's themes are Loss and Solitude.
- Throughout the story, we learn of his many losses: he is weakened, isolated in the human realm, searching for his daughter, who may be dead, his wife is dead, his friends are gone, and his clan is devastated.
- His eye is also shown bleeding, probably in reference to the fact that he removes one of his eyes to fool the human checkpoints (it is on the wrong side here, however).
Kubera's themes are Force, Opportunity, and Promises.
- Among gods, he has great physical strength.
- He also commands the armies of suras to do his bidding.
- He has made at least three separate promises:
Maruna's themes are Enemies, Revenge, and Transcendence.
- Brilith puts her life on the line to protect her city out of a sheer sense of responsibility.
- Sagara looks down on this dedication, and also thinks bitterly of her own clan which refuses to support her goals.
- The scene shown is when Sagara and her army attack Atera. Sagara is using one of her transcendental attacks.
- Yuta has a crush on Leez the moment he meets her. The scene shown occurs at the end of Season 1.
- Leez also cares for him as a little brother.
- Both have tried to protect one another throughout the series.
Ran and Rana are shown studying math.
- Rana is a university professor and has been tutoring Ran for a long time.
- Ran keeps failing to graduate, especially because of Topology.
- ↑ Kubera, Season 1 Episode 2: A Girl with a God's Name (2)
- ↑ Kubera, Season 1 Episode 39: The Past I Yearn For (4)
- ↑ Kubera, Season 1 Episode 53: The Wavering King (3)
- ↑ Kubera, Season 2 Episode 60: Frozen Tears (3)
- ↑ Kubera, Season 1 Episode 15: The Sorrow of Loss (4)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Kubera, Season 1 Episode 35: The Golden Knight (9)
- ↑ Kubera, Season 1 Episode 57: The Wavering King (7)
- ↑ Kubera, Season 2 Episode 51: Grudge (1)
- ↑ Kubera, Season 2 Episode 70: Frozen Tears (13)
- ↑ Kubera, Season 1 Episode 100: Lies for You (12)