|Season 2 Episode 70: Frozen Tears (13)|
View on naver.com
View on webtoons.com
Read all of Chapter 21: Frozen Tears on a single page
| ← Previous|
| Next →|
Gandharva continues to ponder over whose side he should be on, and reminds Maruna of his past assertion that becoming enemies with "Him" would make himself an enemy of Maruna as well. After handing the gloves that Teo bought for him to Maruna, there is a sudden flash and explosion where he was just standing.
In the distance, a group of magicians and fighters hiding under Hoti Chandra watch for the result of their attack on Gandharva and Maruna, and are disappointed that the latter is still unscathed. Asha again insists that they should retreat, and again her suggestion is rebuffed. She tries to convince Leez to leave with her, only to have the girl say she doesn't want to lose this opportunity for revenge. Asha turns to look at her and notices the Sword of Re has mysteriously appeared in her hand.
Spoilers and TriviaEdit
- Teo bought those red gloves when she saw Gandharva looking at them. Maruna is also shown wearing them in the Season 1 prologue.
- The magicians have several magicians casting hoti chandra at the same time, probably to ensure that there is never a break.
- The magician who lectured Asha is a Quarter, as her eye and hair colors don't match. From her point of view, she and other older magicians struggled against superior suras during the Cataclysm, whereas Asha, who was only 5 at the time, must have never properly fought a superior sura.
- Yuta's eyes turned blue-green at the end of the chapter. We later learn that Yuta can use Insight when his eyes turn blue-green, though it isn't clear what purpose they serve here. See spoiler section of chapter 2-110.
- This is the last chapter of the arc, "Frozen Tears." The title could refer to:
- Gandharva's tears from losing Teo.
- The tears cried by the Gandharva halfs as they are affected by emotional resonance.
- The tears of Shakuntala as she despairs over the fate of her clan.
- Gandharva's despair as he recalls how he lost everything.
- Ran's tears as he recalls the Cataclysm and cries for his mother. Later, we also learn that he later froze his parents in a futile hope to get them revived.
- Elwin's tears as she realizes that Teo is dead.
- Agni's insight of the future Leez, who already has nothing to sustain her.
- Agni telling present Leez to let out her tears, lest she forgets how to cry altogether.
- Gandharva's literal frozen tears as he returns to human form.
- Gandharva's transcendental, Frozen Tears.
- Gandharva's despair after Maruna kills the humans, as he realizes that he can't side with Agni.