|Season 1 Episode 21: AAA Magician (1)|
View on naver.com
View on webtoons.com
Read all of Chapter 4: AAA Magician on a single page
| ← Previous|
| Next →|
Nearly a month has passed since the attack on Atera. While Asha continues to recover, mostly sleeping and occasionally eating, Leez is bored out of her mind since she has been restricted to the Fire temple grounds.
In the temple's plaza, Leez encounters Lorraine and Ruche arguing over a present. After introductions, they all decide to visit Asha. However, after being warned she would be an a bad mood, they change their minds and decide to visit Brilith instead. When ordering drinks, Ruche asks for tea, Leez requests curry soda, and Lorraine wants whatever is the most expensive. Brilith says it is fine as long as she drinks it in one shot. To Lorraine's dismay, she is served a bottle of soy sauce. Ruche first asks Brilith why the barrier has become weaker, but she would rather change the subject... Ruche next asks Leez about Asha since she is her fan, but Leez honestly answers that she doesn't know Asha all that well. Ruche then asks Brilith to tell them a story about Asha.
Four years ago, when she was 17, Brilith went to the Magic Guild in Rindhallow to take her magic test. The test administrator (wearing a scary green mask) told an unprepared Brilith that she needed a partner, and it was just her luck that someone a year younger was available. Brilith initially balked, assuming the other person would be too young to have the proper skills, but then Asha (whom she at first assumed was a boy) appeared with a bad attitude and stated her skills had little to do with age.
Spoilers and TriviaEdit
- Leez does ask Asha about magic later on, but had to give up after Asha told her that calculations were necessary, as Leez is bad at math. In fact, Asha never wanted to teach her in the first place.
- Lorraine was the AA magician ranked #4 on Willarv at that time, so she's ranked much higher than Brilith. Thus, it isn't surprising for her to treat even a priest like Brilith casually.
- Lorraine is shown here to have yellow eyes. Purebloods usually have matching eye and hair color, so this is a bit unusual.
- Ruche is a Quarter (identifiable from the fact that unlike for most Purebloods, her eye and hair color don't match). Even though she looks young, she's actually 37, which is why she can refer to Brilith as just "a girl."
- Ruche apparently was the first to notice that Brilith summoned a god, and that the god had left.
- Regarding graduation, Brilith mentioned her special treatment as a priest to Agni earlier.
- The exam takes place in the 12th month, or the month of Yama (Death). The two temples in Rindhallow are Death and Darkness. Currygom's blog mentions that the magic exams in Mistyshore (which has the Temple of Water) take place in August (the month of Varuna), so the date of the magic exams in each city is probably based on the temples in that city.