|Race|| Quarter |
|Birthday attributes||Chandra - Chandra - Chandra|
|Occupation|| Priest of Darkness|
Rindhallow Magic Guild Branch President
|Magician rank|| |
Laila Hemawati is a Quarter of unknown heritage. She is an AA-ranked magician and the Priest of Darkness in Rindhallow. She is one of the priests of the polar city of Rindhallow, the other being the Priest of Death, Claude Yui. Laila is often tirelessly trying to get Claude to take his position seriously. 'Laila' is an alias; she claims to have forgotten her true name long ago.
AppearanceEditShe is most often shown wearing a green mask that fully covers her head, which resembles a monster head with wall-eyes, a menacing look, a downward curved mouth with adversely colored lips, and nostrils as eye-holes.
Laila appears to have a calculative personality, she does not judge people by their age, and is quick in her responses. She does not always follow rules, and instead does things based on her better judgement. She also seems to have a side of playful seriousness to her, making situations look worse than they are.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- A talking alarm clock with Laila's image is seen waking up Rana in Mistyshore.
- Since she has a triple-Darkness atribute, she wears a hood, black clothing, and gloves because her skin is sensitive to bright light; this allows her to operate the Darkness barrier orb.
- According to Currygom's me2day, Laila's own teacher was the priest who summoned the god Chandra during the sura invasion of Rindhallow many years ago.
- The name on Gandharva's stolen magician's license was "Roi Hemawati." It's unknown if he's related to Laila.
- Laila means "night" in Hebrew and Arabic.
As a child, she received an Oracle from the god Chandra. He told her to cover her face and forget her true name, and if doing so did not change her destiny, to call for him. ID cards are only issued for one's true name, so she had to live under sponsorships until she was able to obtain her magic license.
Laila was remembered by Brilith in Rindhallow, administrating her magic test. They discussed Brilith's need of a partner, and she offered to look one up for her. She suggested Asha Rahiro, who also needed a partner. When Asha shortly arrived, Laila deemed it as fate and further suggested they team up, asking for both of their opinions on the matter, following Brilith's hesitant suggestion. Once Asha left, she suggested that Brilith look after her, since she was missing an arm. She was later bored from reading and signing many documents, and decided to ignore a delayed letter from Eloth, deeming it to be a letter of persuasion, common during the magician testing season. She did, however, read the letter once problems with Asha's test results had become obvious.
When giving out ranks, she initially made it seem like she was quite mad about Asha's behavior and might disqualify her, but revealed her ploy once Brilith went to Asha's defense. She made up a completely new rank for Asha, and hearing her demands, also allowed her to access the Human Search System in Eloth, while asking her in exchange to accompany Brilith safely to Eloth and then Atera.
(3) Siera, holding a letter from Laila, tells Claude that she says she'll snap his neck if he doesn't return to the Temple of Death within a week. Claude just laughs and jokes that she says that but only ever breaks his arms and legs. Siera looks at the letter, where Laila asks him to simply show Claude Kubera's items, or else he'll never leave.
(19) Claude (using bhavati yama to possess a body) asks Asha not to kill Laila, as he doesn't want Laila to be the sacrifice. He hints to Asha that since only one more of the remaining three Kuberas needs to die for "it all to end", she can kill a different Kubera. This conversation confirms that Laila is one of the Kuberas.