The power of names is one of the driving forces of the Kubera universe and the story. It is one of the big mysteries of the webtoon since it has often been referred to, but never clearly explained.
Primeval gods Edit
Primeval gods have immortal names that exist regardless of the current universe. They have the authority to govern the power of names. Vishnu named the suras and gods as they came into existence in the beginning of the universe. He gave them the most powerful names, alternating between nastika and astika names. Brahma, Shiva, and Vishnu had no interest in keeping names to themselves, but Kali was different. Once all of the good names had been used, she stole all of the flawed or dangerous nastika names and used them to become a nastika herself.
Natural and created gods Edit
The natural gods, or astikas, are defined as those who are weak, but can resurrect themselves an infinite number of times. According to Agni, the body and soul of the gods cannot be separated. Their name, memory, power, and others all form one concept. The names of gods are special. Giving a human a god's name does not actually cause any problems except for the possibility of offending the pricklier gods. Kubera, however, seems to be a special case.
Nastikas, the original suras, are defined as those who are strong, but only live once. The suras believe that they have no afterlife; when suras die, they disappear along with the power of their name. However, the 5th-zen gods have kept hidden the fact that upon their death, sura souls and their names are separated, the souls are destroyed, and only the names survive. The names of rakshasas are sometimes reused.
- The Garuda clan is currently having a crisis due to the power of names, as Garuda fell into a coma immediately following the Cataclysm. He had previously split up his three children because of issues with the power of names.
- The Kinnara clan was dealing with internal troubles over the power of names at the time Ananta was killed.
- The name of the Chaos clan is forbidden to speak of.
Before Vishnu disappeared, humans could be resurrected from death as long as they have not yet reached the end of their natural lifespan, and their name had not been crossed off in the underworld. Humans named after gods are denied ID cards and have to live under sponsorships.
Please visit Batoto.net's Kubera Forum - The Power of the Name - Compilations and theories
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Kubera, Season 1 Episode 99: Lies for You (11)
- ↑ Kubera, Season 1 Episode 84: The Power of the Name (1)
- ↑ Kubera, Season 2 Episode 159: Your Justice and Mine (25)
- ↑ Kubera, Season 2 Episode 109: Last Resort (3)
- ↑ Kubera, Season 1 Episode 74: The Night it Rained Fire (11)
- ↑ Kubera, Season 2 Episode 55: Grudge (5)
- ↑ Kubera, Season 1 Episode 91: Lies for You (3)
- ↑ Kubera, Season 2 Episode 7: Blood (2)